With statistics that say over 50% of data loss being attributed to users making mistakes, having a backup for your Google Workspace accounts is crucial. Any loss of data can cause financial loss and stress for your organsation, so backing up and protecting your data has to be a priority.
How can you ensure Google Workspace backup for your company?
After investing and moving your data and workload in the cloud with Google Workspace, you need to learn to protect your data. In case one of the users deletes your data by mistake, you can rely on the short term recovery via the Trash bin that keeps your files for up to extra 30 days before deleting them permanently.
Other than the Trash bin, you might need some more retention options to protect your information and safely store it. Down below you will find listed some of the most known solutions to effortlessly backup your data, no matter if you have a Google Workspace Business Standard, Starter, Plus, Enterprise or an Education plan.
If your organisation does not have the time for lengthy manual backup and recovery processes, you can get support and reliable help with FOTC and our cloud specialists.
Google Takeout to backup your Google Workspace
With Google Takeout, you will go through the same process of downloading and saving your account’s data to back it up or use it with a service outside of Google. These are the steps you need to follow to backup your data:
- Log onto Google Takeout and specify what data you actually want to save. Here you might want to check boxes like Google Chrome, Drive or Docs and deselect apps like Blogger or other things you never really use.
- Click on the ”Next Step” button at the bottom of the page.
- At this point, you need to select the delivery method most appropriate for your organisation: frequency of saving the files, where do you want the files saved and the file type and size.
- Click on the ”Create Export” button at the bottom of the page.
- At this point, you will see your export in progress.
- After the export is finished, you will receive an email notifying you that your Google data is ready to download.
- Your export will be a Zip file having all your selected applications and their data in the form of a folder.
- From here on, you can archive, save it locally or export to a new account the data.
Third party solutions to backup your Google Workspace
If you want to automate your backup and end-user recovery, you can use third party solutions for an active backup process. These applications will help you export your Google Workspace files like Gmail and attachments, Docs or contacts, archive them and store them in a dedicated storage offsite. This way, your data will be safe and secure in case you experience a system-wide blackout.
Leave your Google Workspace update and backup to your local Google partner
There are still many users concerned about data security either stored on the cloud or anywhere else. If you want a reliable, fast and affordable backup for your data, you can reach out to a Google partner like FOTC. Collaborate with our Google trained engineers to ensure your information is secure and you can always be in control when it comes to performing or exporting a backup, restoring or securing new data while also getting all the reporting you need.
If you want to start having your Google Workspace accounts backed up and secured, contact FOTC. This Google Cloud partner offers an extended free trial period, discounts (unavailable directly at Google), data migration from a private drive or a third-party provider, and full technical support.