If you thought Chat GPT-3 was a game-changer, think again. Microsoft’s CEO & Chairman Satya Nadella announced the launch of a new improved version of Chat GPT-3. Behold Microsoft 365 Copilot featuring Chat GPT-4!
What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is an AI-powered tool that helps users to be more productive, creative, and collaborative while working in Microsoft 365 apps. Copilot is integrated into Microsoft 365 in two ways: it works alongside you, embedded in the Microsoft 365 apps, and through Business Chat, which works across the Microsoft 365 apps and your data to do things you’ve never been able to do before.
Hit play on the video below to find out more!
How does Copilot transform work?
Copilot transforms work in three ways:
- Unleashing creativity: Copilot helps users to jump-start the creative process, save time in writing, sourcing, and editing, and create beautiful presentations and data visualizations in seconds.
- Unlocking productivity: Copilot helps users to focus on the 20% of work that really matters, by lightening the load of busywork. It can summarize long email threads, draft suggested replies, summarize key discussion points during meetings, and automate repetitive tasks.
- Upleveling skills: Copilot lets users quickly master what they’ve yet to learn by unlocking all the rich functionality available in Microsoft 365 using just natural language.
How does Copilot work?
By leveraging the capabilities of large language models (LLMs) and analyzing data from the Microsoft Graph and Microsoft 365 apps, Copilot transforms your language into a highly effective productivity resource that can help you achieve your goals faster and more efficiently than ever before. With Copilot in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Teams, you can give natural language prompts, and it will generate content based on your data. Copilot also works through Business Chat, which helps to surface the information and insights you need from a sea of data. You can access Business Chat from Microsoft 365.com, Bing, or Teams.
How does Copilot benefit users?
Copilot benefits users in several ways:
- It saves time by automating repetitive tasks and summarizing key information during meetings and in email threads.
- It helps users to be more productive by lightening the load of busywork.
- It unleashes creativity by jump-starting the creative process, saving time in writing, sourcing, and editing, and creating beautiful presentations and data visualizations in seconds.
- It lets users quickly master what they’ve yet to learn by unlocking all the rich functionality available in Microsoft 365 using just natural language.
- By tapping into vast reserves of data and insights that are often inaccessible and untapped, it builds a unique knowledge model for each organisation, providing valuable insights and unlocking new opportunities for growth and development.
What are the benefits of using Copilot for developers?
According to data from GitHub, Copilot has the potential to enhance productivity for developers of all levels. An overwhelming majority of developers who use GitHub Copilot, 88%, report being more productive, while 74% report being able to concentrate on more gratifying tasks. Additionally, 77% of users found that Copilot reduced the amount of time they spent searching for information or examples.
What is the Copilot System?
The Copilot System is an enterprise-ready AI tool that works behind the scenes to deliver Copilot’s powerful features. It is more than OpenAI’s ChatGPT embedded into Microsoft 365. It’s a sophisticated processing and orchestration engine working behind the scenes to deliver Copilot’s powerful features.
Read the entire press release from Microsoft here.
Read more on how the use of artificial intelligence & transformation technology can help your business.