It’s a fast-paced world on YouTube. Trends come and go in a blink of an eye. One day we see everyone make a video about slime, then the next day, everyone moves on and starts covering the most trending songs.Read more: YouTube Video Trends You Need to Know for 2023
So, whether you’re a business with a YouTube marketing strategy or an independent content creator who wants to stand out from millions of other content, keeping up with the latest trends is key.
We’ve listed some hottest YouTube trends you need to know.
Popular YouTube Video Trends for 2023 and Beyond
- YouTube Shorts
Now that we’ve seen the rise of TikTok, it’s no surprise that YouTube is trying to get in on the short-form video action. They’ve recently launched a new feature called YouTube Shorts, which allows users to create 15-second videos.
We can expect to see more and more creators using this feature in the coming year, so if you’re not already creating short videos, now is the time to start.
- Inspired by Mr. Beast
Mr. Beast is known for his philanthropic, crazy stunts, and over-the-top videos, and he has inspired a whole new genre of YouTube videos.
We see more and more YouTube videos that involve large amounts of money, expensive prizes, and complex logistic challenges.
- Commentary or Video Essays
Video essays and commentary videos are becoming more and more popular as people enjoy hearing thoughtful and well-informed opinions on various topics.
If you have something to say about a current event, social issue, or anything else, consider making a video about it. These types of videos can be very engaging and thought-provoking, and they’re a great way to get your voice out there.
People love watching collaborations between YouTubers because it’s interesting to see how different personalities interact with each other.
If you have a YouTube channel, consider reaching out to another YouTuber who has a similar audience to yours and see if they want to collaborate on a video. This is a great way to gain new subscribers and grow your channel.
- How-To Videos
How-to videos continue to be popular because people love learning new skills or tips on doing something better/faster/etc. If you’re good at something or know how to do something that others might find helpful, make a how-to video about it.
- Reaction Videos
Starting with Fine Brothers’ React series, reaction videos are still popular today. People love seeing how others react to things like current events, pop culture news, etc.
If you have unique or interesting reactions to something, consider making a reaction video. These can be fun and easy to make while also being very entertaining for viewers.
- Product Reviews
If you love trying out new products and writing reviews, then this YouTube trend is perfect for you.
People are always looking for honest reviews before they make a purchase, so if you have something to say about a product, make a video about it. These videos can be very helpful for viewers and can also be quite fun to make.
How to Keep Up With Face-Paced YouTube Video Trends?
● Keep your ear to the ground: By this, we mean you should be active in YouTube communities and forums so you can see what people are talking about.
● Use YouTube’s own tools: YouTube has a few features that will help you stay on top of trends. You can use the “Trending” tab on the homepage to see what videos are currently popular or check out the “Upcoming” tab to see what videos are scheduled to be released soon.
● Analyze your analytics: Take a look at your channel’s analytics to see what kinds of videos are performing well with your audience. This will give you an idea of what kinds of topics they’re interested in and what sort of content they want to see from you.
● Check out other channels: See what other successful channels in your niche are doing. What sort of videos are they making? What topics are they covering? You can learn a lot by seeing what others are doing right (and wrong).
● Be active on social media: Social media is a great way to keep up with current trends and find out about new ones that might be relevant to your channel. Be sure to follow other YouTubers, influencers, and brands on social media so you can stay in the loop.
These are just a few of the many YouTube trends that we expect to see in 2023. If you want your channel to be successful, it’s important to keep up with these trends and churn out content that your audience will love.
Andre Oentoro is the founder of Breadnbeyond, an award-winning explainer video company. He helps businesses increase conversion rates, close more sales, and get positive ROI from explainer videos (in that order).